Aligned Correctional Health Services:
Telepsychiatry improves access to professional psychiatric care for inmate-patients, prevents unnecessary inmate movements and extends psychiatric coverage around the clock minimizing delays and reducing the impact of behavioral emergencies.
Psychiatric coverage in correctional facilities can be highly costly and very inefficient, with most physicians waiting for inmate movements, sally ports, or spending time moving around facilities, which reduces their effective contacts and creates significant waste.
What if you could provide your facility with scheduled sick call coverage and 24/7/365 physician coverage for less than the cost of a single provider?
What if you could have a psychiatrist see an inmate-patient within one hour of safety cell placement or suicide watch?
TelePsychiatry Service Locations
Aligned TeleHealth began providing services to incarcerated individuals via on-site and telemedicine services in direct alignment with our desire to serve and engage underserved individuals with mental health conditions. Correctional Health standards and environments require not only a different practice style, but a different awareness of the complexity of caring for persons with psychiatric conditions, there are few places and complex to work in and most dedicated correctional health practitioners acquire an additional detailed knowledge of Title-15 (or Applicable State Standards) and the NCCHC standards to augment their correctional expertise.
Additionally, all of our Providers working inside correctional facilities or providing correctional telepsychiatry receive the following supplemental training:
- Managing Self-Injury and Suicidal Behaviors
- Therapeutic Boundaries and Communication with Inmate Patients
- Correctional Counseling and Working with Security Personnel
- Court Interactions and Forensic Considerations
- Managing and Responding to Inmate Grievances
- Correctional Health Formulary and Drug Diversion Considerations
- NCCHC Standards for Health & Mental Health
- County Corrections
- Juvenile Detention Facilities
- Managing Malingering and Anti-Social Behaviors
- Managing State Experienced Inmates
- Standards for Correctional Health Documentation
- Trauma Oriented Care